Thursday, March 10, 2011

Xian's Photo Entry Won in MomCenter Philippines PhotoBlog Contest!

photo courtesy of MomCenter Philippines

I'm a self-confessed proud momma but I seldom join online photo contests, this is only the second time. The very first time was August last year when I joined Xian’s entry in MomCenter Philippines’s Pic of the Week together with other babies and toddlers of his age. But since the chosen winner is based on number of likes from fellow fb users who need to like and register first on Mom Center’s page before they can actually like the actual photo entry, Xian didn’t win the first time.

Then last January this year, my sister informed me that Xian’s photo entry won in Reader’s Digest Asia (I blogged it) How come that happened? I was clueless because in the first place I don’t remember any instances that I send Xian’s photo on that famous page. You see I’m very careful with photo sharing. Turned out, my sister send the photo entry pala! Because that time the contest's theme is photo that depicts Christmas spirit. My echoserang kapatid (hehe,but I uberly love her for that!) send Xian’s photo without my knowledge. Luckily, Xian’s entry won one of the major prize which is Troika Travel watch and some reading materials from Reader’s Digest.  Of course I just let my sister have the prize, for me seeing Xian’s photo on their page with recognition is enough.That's already a mom's happiness and source of pride.

Then last week of January,here comes Kodak Precious Moment Photo Blog Contest with the concept Any Christmas Related Photo and Why Do you think it is a Precious Moment? (Since the contest is sponsored by Kodak Philippines)

Having Xian’s winning photo entry from the previous RD Asia’s contest I join again. why not? I know every mommy will agree but for every mom, there’s an innate proud momma in us, but I know my limitations naman. Besides, life is too short to let every passing chance like this be bottled up.In my thoughts that time, malay mo lang naman.The thing is, I actually send my entry a day before the cut-off! Here’s the lucky photo :D


But lemme tell you first the story of this photo and why do I consider it as a Precious Moment:

This is taken the first time we set up our Christmas tree in our house. It's obvious, the tree is still bare with decorations,just a few hanging balls and Christmas light, yet the first time we light up our Christmas tree and we let Xian pose beside it, believe me,that’s really his instant reaction! there's a certain happiness that emanates in his eyes. Simple yet so pure,really a candid shot to think I just used a simple digital camera.

 MomCenter's Notification:

Then after two weeks after I send the photo entry via LBC (told yah, it's not only based on the total # of fb likes the Kodak representatives judged the actual photo based on their concept "Precious Moment"), I received a call from  Ms. Abby from MomCenter that Xian's photo entry won! They've been trying to call me na pala since last week but I'm always unattended.

My initial reaction is of course, happy! but a bit hesitant at first when Ms. Abby told me about the claiming of prize since we need to bring Xian to Manila. Di pa namin sya natatravel ganun kalayo! Supposedly,first time pa lang nya. plus hubby and I have work on weekdays, plus our schedule always didn't meet and a lot of PLUS issues.. So, isip-isip.. I told Ms. Abby that we'll inform her within the week what's the best date for us to go there since we have a toddler in tow.

 Our MomCenter Experience:

Then finally after a week,we came up with the date. After confirming it with Ms. Abby,we went to Manila last Feb 28, Monday. Xian's first ever bus experience is so much fun for him. We didn't bring Azul,our car because hassle for us,hubby's just too lazy to drive plus it's Monday.traffic masyado! We arrived at their office 10:30AM, we we're graciously acknowledged by Ms. Abby, Ms. Arbee and the pretty lady in red nail polish that I forgot the name, So sorry poor memory! :D

 I was a bit surprised lang because feel at home kagad si Xian,walang masyadong hiya factor to think he woke up early than his usual tapos long travel pa.  Very energetic pa nga eh. Actually beforehand, I'm worried that Xian might throw tantrums since that will be the first time he'll meet those people but on the contrary, Xian smile and answer their simply questions during our conversation (in English pa ha,kaloka!), shook the ladies hands and even showed them his bibo side (when we're at Kodak Philippines, he saw a picture of a dog on the wall and he identify them to the delight of everyone who's there. they call him Bibo Kid and Baby Rockstar because of his hair's tail na takaw pansin!)

At Kodak's office, after the conversation they handed us the prize which is a Kodak Playsport Camera Sir Jerome told us the details about it. For full details of the gadget,  here's the link. :)

 The prize! Xian's new gadget :)

Too bad I wasn't able to take snapshots that time (andun lang si camera sa bag,na-shy ako.hehe!) Good thing Ms. Abby provided me with some pics through email.  Then early this morning, they finally post the announcement of winner in their fb wall.

announcement of winner in MomCenter's fb wall

It was indeed a very fun and memorable experience for us especially to our little Xian, although I know he don't fully understand it yet, but I'm sure that this will be one of our little man's fondest memories of his toddler days. Something that will make him smile remembering, moment like this is indeed priceless :)

To the people behind MomCenter Philippines, Kodak Philippines, to my fb friends who liked Xian's photo entry, to everyone, Thank You so much! Xian love y'all! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...