I so love Mommy France's idea of a mommy blogger group, especially I already knew some of them through our SP community. I started blogging few months ago to chronicle my experiences as a mom, a wife, about myself and just about anything. this is really my private space online. Hence, this is a very private blog at first. no readers, just me and my blog.funny no? :) But as days (and months) goes by I started to meet other mommies online who have their blogs too and I learned a lot from their ideas and it's really nice to connect with them even though we don't know each other personally yet, we became instant cyber friends.
No wonder this mommy blogger group makes me feel giddy,after all this is my first! So for our very first Nanay Online topic on how motherhood changed me, I'll say a lot. from the simplest thing to the most complicated one.Of course everyone of us does and we have a huge transformation after our little one is born. Cliche as it may seem but I think I became a better person after I became a mom. I'm not just thinking about myself or my husband but most importantly about our little one and we're now liable for his future.
Flashback 2 years ago,the moment hubby and I found out that I was pregnant, knowing that there's already a tiny living thing inside my flat tummy that time and the baby bump is not yet visible,instantly there's a certain indescribable feeling of maturity and motherly instinct that I felt that time. Being a mom excites me, the whole thing about it which is new to me. I always look forward to every check up, comply faithfully to my OB's advice,eat healthy foods not just for myself but for my baby, read a lot of pregnancy books, asked pregnancy-related questions to experienced mom and a lot more preps to be able to cope up as I enter this thing called motherhood.yet the moment Xian is born and sleepless nights followed (you see I'm a person who really love to sleep during my single days yet I was able to adjust after the baby is born) plus a lot of hands-on experiences from bathing to feeding him, taking good care of him, all which is very new to me,yet I became used to it because of the love I feel for the little one.
There are times when I'm at the mall to buy a certain thing for myself but the moment I pass by the children's section, I always end up buying things for the little man just because I find it cute and how about the thing I'm supposed to buy for myself? There's always a next time :) There are a lot of instances when I gave up my simple pleasures knowing that I can actually live without it. I learned to look at things in a new perspective.I became more compassionate,more grateful and appreciative,I find happiness in the most simple thing, a lot of times that I also get tired physically like everyone else does, no matter how tired I am from work the moment I saw him waiting at our door then gave me his sloppy kisses and hug, I'm re-energized. tanggal lahat ng pagod.worth it lahat.Our son unleashed the inner child in me.When you say happiness, for me and hubby, it's our XIAN.
There are times when I'm at the mall to buy a certain thing for myself but the moment I pass by the children's section, I always end up buying things for the little man just because I find it cute and how about the thing I'm supposed to buy for myself? There's always a next time :) There are a lot of instances when I gave up my simple pleasures knowing that I can actually live without it. I learned to look at things in a new perspective.I became more compassionate,more grateful and appreciative,I find happiness in the most simple thing, a lot of times that I also get tired physically like everyone else does, no matter how tired I am from work the moment I saw him waiting at our door then gave me his sloppy kisses and hug, I'm re-energized. tanggal lahat ng pagod.worth it lahat.Our son unleashed the inner child in me.When you say happiness, for me and hubby, it's our XIAN.
It's been two years already since I enter motherhood. How time flies, Xian is baby no more, yet I know that I still have a long way to go and a lot of things to learn. I'm not talking as a very experienced mom, there are also times when I blame myself "that I should do this instead of doing that" my parenting style is probably different from the other moms, yet we have our primary goal which is to love and nurture our kids.
Being a mother really changed me, it gave me the opportunity to do things I thought I cannot do and I'm capable to perform. I have learned so much more about myself than I could have ever imagined.Yes, like everyone of us, I just feel so blessed to get to be on this journey, to be a mommy.

Thanks Sis!
ReplyDeleteI am happy that you are excited about Nanay Online. This is our first post and I hope there'd be more. :)
looking forward to more of our Nanay Online topic! Kudos Mommy France! :)
ReplyDeletemotherhood can really changed us.
ReplyDeletei've tagged you on this post.
http://michiphotostory.blogspot.com/2011/06/seven-things-about-me.html