Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Story of our Happy and Precious Little Rock (Xian Allen)

I've been blogging since November last year but among all the posts, this is the story closest to my heart. Why? because this is the story of Our Xian.

This is for our little man Xian so that he has something to read when he's grown up already. This is really a super delayed post. imagine naman he’s 2 years old and 3 months already yet ngayon ko lang to na-post. Like what I’ve said before, I became inactive in my blog for the past years. It’s still better late than never, right? Anak, I hope you’ll enjoy reading this when you grow up, something to remind you how much we love you.

Dear habibi/chabibi,my love/baby love/bunso/boss (as your dad usually call you),

I'll be jotting down things here based from my memories of my 9 months of joyful pregnancy while you were just a tiny tiny living thing inside my tummy. I want you to always remember that you are really God’s greatest miracle and blessing to us.

Pregnancy Symptoms


 
Before I knew that you were already in my tummy, I am always sleepy which is weird. After work, I’m already dozed off to bed at 7:30 PM to think my sleeping habit is usually around 10 PM every night.

 I really have a sensitive sense of smell. There was a time I smell the take out food of my workmates from a certain fast food and just the smell of it gave my stomach an unflattering reaction.

How We Knew We Were Having You

I was delayed for 2 weeks and I thought it was because of hormonal imbalance due to stress from work besides I don’t feel anything unusual about myself naman (well except from being sleepy and the sensitive smell) so I just thought talaga na delayed lang. Your daddy even assured me than I have nothing to worry about,as in kampante lang sya. Petiks mode lang.but when I’m on my 3rd week of delayed menstruation and I’m already in doubt of what’s really happening with me, here comes my woman instinct. why not try PT kit? Then so be it. moment of truth!

So I pee'd on a stick. I closed my eyes waiting for the result and when I opened it, tadah!  I blanked out when I saw there were TWO RED LINES. I was pregnant alright. When I saw the two red lines of the preg test, the world stood still for like 10 seconds. I blinked and blinked but the two red lines didn't disappear. I felt something I couldn't explain. It was a mixture of happiness, anxiety,excitement at the same time worry.

  So I immediately texted your daddy and even send him the MMS of the preg kit and you know what’s his reaction, more than what I expected! Your dad is really happy about the idea that he’s going to be a tatay soon. You see, your daddy will be going to Oman for a very nice job opportunity 1 month from the day I told the news and our initial plan talaga is we’ll be getting married when he came back after a year to really have our dream wedding but since the blessing came sooner than expected we decided to schedule our wedding earlier before he left. Your dad and I texted and talked to each other all night about our plans, everything about you. in short, the anxieties vanished and replaced with excitement and happiness. A wonderful feeling which is so new - instant parents na kami!
From that moment, I love your daddy even more.

People We Told

 Everyone close to us whom we divulge our “little secret” is ok naman and happy for us.parang they’re really expecting it na din naman since we’re already on our 7th year as bf-gf that time. Long overdue na ika nga.

Daddy immediately said the news to his family and the initial reaction is ok naman. it was a little difficult lang to tell my Inay Ludy at first. Syempre,she’s from my side of the family. I’m the girl. As expected, she got mad (even if I was already 24 years old then. Her mantra in life, no sex until you are married period) even though we’re pointing it out that we’re getting married na din in the next few weeks since your daddy will be leaving soon. but Inay Ludy eventually warmed up din naman after a few minutes that she's now a lola na (and look naman how much she take care of you anak and shower you with so much love and care from that day until now, di ba winner! She super adore and love you.We cannot thank her enough how much she and tatay take good care of you while we're at work and the love,immeasurable!)

First Visit to OB-Gyne

The day after we found out of you baby, we scheduled kagad a visit to my OB-Gyne, Dr. Rinna Ritchie Alday-Atienza. I encountered about her during my Med Rep days. Since then I already wanted her to be the one to take care of me and my future baby. She’s so mabait and really one of the best OB-Gyne. Medyo pricey nga lang.hehe. but to your dad,ok lang as long as healthy tayong dalawa. During the check-up, she confirmed that I was pregnant through transvaginal ultrasound. We’re so ecstatic when we saw you for the first time. It’s really unexplainable feeling. The doctor said that you’re doing well inside mommy’s tummy and with a good sign of heartbeat. She later prescribe me vitamins and milk.

Symptoms of Pregnancy, Weird Cravings & Pregnancy Problems

First I would like to say that you’re really a Good Boy since Day 1 in my tummy.  You really helped me out to cope easily with my pregnancy that’s why nga it never came into my mind that I was pregnant na  pala, You never gave me worries especially daddy is miles away already (he left 2 days after we got married) O di ba anak, you’re really a blessing since Papa Jesus gave you to us at the right time para di ma-sad si mommy while daddy is away.  That’s why daddy did not experience all your kicks and turn in my tummy and he just rely solely on my stories and updates about your latest fetal development. But don’t you worry baby, daddy is twice as excited as me every time you have your latest development. He said nga na if only pwede tayo magkakasama tatlo especially during those times, but daddy is thinking of our future most especially your future.

I did not experience the usual pregnancy symptoms. I did not vomit, no morning sickness, no major cravings, just constant visit to the bathroom to pee which is normal for preggy and also the long queue to my OB every check-up which I comply faithfully. Other than that,I’m still like the normal me(well except from my bulging tummy that get bigger and bigger each day)  Though, there were just some weird changes that happened to daddy since he had cravings for shawarma daw. I don’t know if it’s coincident lang since he’s in the Middles East where shawarma is a staple food, pero eat it most of the time na walang umay? duh!  So most probably si daddy ang naglihi? :)  I am indeed blessed to have a healthy pregnancy all throughout and even coined as “spoiled na buntis” kase your daddy really exerted a lot of effort just to show that I’m not deprived of TLC and attention even we're geographically challenged.haha!

 
Although no major cravings,I super love fruits! apple,grapes,orange,ripe mangoes and take note,I can finish 1 whole watermelon. Seryoso.  I also love halo-halo.hmmmm!

 
When you were just three months in my tummy, I had a cough and colds and that incident ended me up in a 1 week bed rest. Couch potato mode lang tayo that time. My OB advised lots of Vitamin C, uterine relaxant and antibiotic (the safest one) After that, no more sickness na, everything is all well.

Names We Wanted for You

Even before we get married especially during our college days, we have talked about the name for our future babies kase our initial plan is to have 4 kiddos. I even jotted down 4 names (2 boys and 2 girls) that are written in our scrap book. Your daddy really wanted talaga a baby boy since he promised sa lolo Pepito mo (RIP) that he’ll be the one to give the first boy na apo sa side of the family nya since all of your cousins are girls. Me naman, I initially wanted a baby girl kase ang sarap bihisan ng mga cute dresses tapos kikay pa na pwede ko karay-karay kahit saan.we’ll be the best tandem I’m sure.

Our initial choices of names, for the girls its either Zhaljanne Ysidorelle (taken from Isidora-my beloved granny) then we’ll give her the nickname “Zhay” or the second name Faith Hershey Adrienne kinda long pero maganda pakinggan. For boys naman, it’s either Jared Lance or Elfrick Jann Allen jumbled letter ng name namin ni hubby plus some dagdag na names from a certain book I’ve read na gusto ko yung bidang guy.

So it’s either ZHALJANNE YSIDORELLE or FAITH HERSHEY ADRIENNE for baby girl and JARED LANCE or ELFRICK JANN ALLEN kung baby boy :)

Pero for the meantime,while di pa sure ang gender.we lovingly call you “Baby Zhay” para lang di lang plain na “baby” tawag namin.

Can’t wait then to have my next ultrasound to confirm our baby’s gender.

Knowing our baby’s gender

everyone is so excited to know our baby’s gender. they are all asking na kung boy or girl to think I’m just on my first trimester. I told them that the gender will be detected on the 5th month pa. came my 4th month check up, my OB, had seen images that my baby is a boy. She said may sign daw na parang balls pero she’ll confirm it pa next check up,not yet sure pa since not totally visible pa. Then came my next check-up,confirmed! May “pototoy” daw sabi ni OB and I also saw it on the ultrasound machine. I was super happy that time,because I know your daddy will be happier.that time nawala yung longing ko na initially baby girl nga pala gusto ko.Basta happy ako kase naiimagine ko na reaction ng daddy mo.So when I said the news,feel na feel ko ang excitement! uber happy ni tatay mo tawag kagad kina lola Ligaya mo sa Bayanan to deliver the fresh and juicy news.Naunahan na ko! He always kulit me to email him na kagad the ultrasound pics,to think nasa clinic pa ko that time ha.di na makahintay!


How We Came up With Xian Allen

The funny thing is, during the check up you kept on hiding your gender. As in, natatawa na lang kami na nandun sa clinic but after a little prodding, voila! CONFIRMED! You showed to us that you’re daddy is going to have a Junior. (So he really kept his promise to Lolo Pepito that his first born is a boy) The first Baby Boy Caldo is coming! :)

So, we already dropped down the nickname “Zhay” and that time although we have reserved names parang di ko na ganun ka-like.I asked hubby if it’s ok to change and he said it’s up to me as long as I’ll retain the name derived from his name.haha! So I started thinking of a name that will fit with Allen. I read about tha name Xian in a magazine and I find it cute. Plus the fact that the guy with that name is also cute (Xian Lim) I don’t want naman to choose a very long name for you that later on when you’re schooling na,you’ll get back at mommy complaining na di mo natapos exam kase kulang ang time sa pangalan mo pa lang.

Anyway,so back to Xian. Mommy researched on the internet and later found out that Xian is from the Chinese origin which means “happy” then Allen is the younger form of Allan (daddy’s name) meaning “precious” from Gaelic origin and “little rock” from the English origin. So Perfect! Xian Allen is our happy and precious little rock! :)

What We Did To Prepare For You

*I'm really looking forward every check up because that’s the time my OB assess your development and I’m so proud of you when you’re still in my tummy because you’re fast developing and doing great. You respond every week and I can see it in the ultrasound machine which makes me (and daddy) more excited to see you.

*From the day your gender was confirmed after that shopping na kami ni Inay Ludy to prepare for the big day starting from the cute shirts ,pj’s, onesies ,frogsuits, mittens and bonnets, feeding bottles, comforters,bath set and other baby stuffs that you’ll eventually use. Every time we go out, we always buy cute little things for you and syempre ang theme- blue!
 
*Mommy kept on reading pregnancy books and online articles. My constant companion is the pregnancy book “The Smart Mom’s Guide to Pregnancy and Baby’s First Year” winner talaga ang book na to,daming helpful tips. I also listen to nice songs and put the earphone in my tummy, and you always twist and turn in my tummy. seems like you really enjoy what you’re listening.

*Everytime daddy call, I let him talk to you so that you’ll still feel that daddy is just around, anticipating for your big day.

*Mommy and Daddy prayed hard every night also that you’ll be healthy and free from any defects (physically and mentally) and I’ll have a safe delivery.

Total Weight Gain

 Anak, Mommy gained 22 lbs while pregnant with you. It was all you who got bigger and bigger in mommy’s tummy. Probably because I love to eat sweets plus the vitamins and Anmum Choco I regularly take helped a lot.Look naman when you came out, you weighed 8.7lbs (3.95 Kg)! You were even tagged as Metro Lipa Medical Center’s biggest baby born during that time and your weight is like you’re 2 months old already!

When You Were Born

During my last check up to my OB on my 39th week before my EDD, she said na  If I want I could have a scheduled CS na lang since based on your weight as of that time  I’ll be having a had time delivering you via Normal eh I still have 1 week to go pa before my EDD. It’s up for us what date na lang to choose. I still wanted to try and do it the Normal way but after weighing the pros and cons of both manner of delivery, your daddy said that I might have a hard time since you’re so big compare to my petite frame plus he’s not there physically to give his full support.in short,gusto nya sa mabilisang paraan para isang hirap na lang that’s why we opted for the SCHEDULED CESAREAN OPERATION! Your daddy even joke “Sayang at di kayo naging magkabirthday since he is a March 9 celebrant. So after deliberating (naks!) we finally came out with March 25 as the official date of your birthday.

Here comes March 25, I do the usual routine all my bags and your baby bag is ready na. My
OB said I should be in the ER muna at 10 AM (We were late pa ng 1 hour since your Lolo Oscar who’s supposedly the one to drive us there didn’t make it so we look for alternative driver. Thanks to our neighbor na on call!)

At the hospital, I’m not that nervous probably because I conditioned myself that THIS IS THE DAY WE’RE GOING TO MEET YOU and the anxieties and fears of giving birth is overcome with excitement and anticipation. Your daddy always text and call me asking how I am feeling and giving moral support and much love to the best way he can since we’re geographically challenged.

 When they brought me to the Operating Room at past 3 PM, finally this is it. All I have is the Novena booklet which I hold in my right hand even at the Operating Table. Your Inay Ludy and Ate Jane naman is patiently waiting outside the OR. Attending to your daddy’s text and phone calls. (Very supportive talaga si daddy,kaibahan lang di natin sya kasama that time) After the anesthesiologist gave me the anesthesia, my lower portion is numb na and after that everything became so fast. I just hear them, very light conversation lang para maging at ease din ako kaso super groggy na ako. I don’t feel the cut (I had the traditional cut anyway), but I knew it when they get you from my tummy. I cried and utter "Thank you Lord!" after my OB said that you’re so cute and chubby.very healthy and cried out loud which is a good sign. She said you were born at exactly 3:40 PM that time, I was so nauseous; all I know is that they’re bringing me to the recovery room.

I woke up na in my room at around 12 midnight and there I received tons of texts from everyone and let your Tita Ninang Sol read it to me since I’m not allowed to move and talk that much. She even kissed me and said that she’s so proud of me.As much as I wanted to carry you and kiss you from that moment, they did not allow muna the usual room in. you’re still in the nursery because the doctors said to give me time to recover and they will bring you to me early in the morning. Everyone there at the room share their stories how your daddy is so happy, thankful and excited when he found out that I gave birth na. Di daw makafunction ng ayos kase kabado,panay ang tawag and pangangamusta.kung pwede lang lipadin ang Oman punta ng Lipa makapiling lang mag-ina nya. eventually after the good news of my safe delivery and having an uber cute baby, nag-treat sa mga kasamahan nya to celebrate his fatherhood”

Early in the morning, your pedia and the attending nurse brought you in our room. The moment I saw you it was love at first sight. I instantly carried you and feel the mother and son bond. Everything is all worth it. You are indeed the most beautiful thing that happened to us. I’m so grateful because God blessed me and Allan with a healthy and handsome baby boy. I’m finally a mom :)



Xian Allen Zaraspe Caldo
March 25, 2009 3:40 PM

Your Forever Proud Mom,


4 comments:

  1. Aaww. I enjoyed reading this post. I wish I can write something like this. I just have so many stories to tell na hindi ko na matapos tapos everytime I write about my pregnancy.

    Very soon, Xian will read this. Naku, ewan ko nalang gano sya kasaya nun. =) God bless mommy Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much sis,God bless your family also.kisses to pretty Ynah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sis! I also enjoyed your pregrancy story. How i wish makapagblog din ako ng ganito...

    Hugs and Kisses to Xian! Precious little boy! - Mommitikya

    ReplyDelete
  4. mommy tes,miss you in SP! start ka na din mag-blog,i'm sure matutuwa si fonzy reading every posts paglaki nya.thanks,hugs and kisses din kay fonzy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...