I noticed that all of my March posts are about what I’ve gone through for the past few days that I was missing in action here in my blog. So here’s the continuation of my previous post and finally the last installment. Woohoo! I’ll be back to regular programming after this post.
=================================================================
So I chose to have my check up few days before dear hubby’s birthday. Feeling ko I gained a lot of courage that time. All I was thinking are pure positive thoughts. I do not entertain nega vibes. Naka-set na ko sa mood na yun and ayokong mawala na naman sa focus.
March 6. I woke up early to prepare to go to the hospital. Our initial plan is that my sister will accompany me but the moment Xian saw us and noticed that I’m not wearing my office uniform (meaning: may lakad ako at hindi sa work ang punta ko) it alarmed the little man, he insisted to go with us. So we also accompanied Inay. In short, para lang kami mamamasyal that time.
Before heading to Mary Mediatrix Medical Center , we dropped by to Redemptorist Church first and in my mind, I put everything in His hands although I know that God knows what’s really on my mind and heart that I will do everything just to be with Xian and Allan.
At the hospital, we went first to my OB. Few minutes before my turn, I’m thinking that hopefully the findings will be fibroadenoma. Keri ko pa yun. Ok lang for me to undergo minor surgery to take the lump out, wag lang talaga breast cancer. I’m willing to face all of my fears now more than ever for the sake of my two boys. While waiting Xian entertain us with his antics to the delight of those people near us.
After few minutes of waiting na di naman nakakainip because the area is wi-fi zone,my turn came. I really like Dra. Diga, the OB who checked me. She’s really one of the best in her field, pretty and smart at the same time. After a series of background and health check and the usual palpation of the breasts, she’s very cool lang about it and although she confirmed that I really have a lump on my left breast she didn’t dropped any alarming words naman so I assumed that everything is under control which lessen my anxiousness, then after a couple of minutes with her she referred me to a surgeon, Dr. Marquino which I am already familiar with since I always cover him during my med rep days a couple of years ago.
So we went to his clinic at the ground floor of that same building, after the surgeon checked the lump with the help of his attendant. His initial reaction is “medyo malaki na nga sya, about 2-3 cm. Kelan mo sya balak ipatanggal?” I instantly answered with “bukas na po” and then as fast as that he said “ok,set kita ng 12noon ha.it’s just a minor surgical procedure, out-patient lang.makakauwi ka na din the same day”
I was like, wow! So ganun lang pala kadali yun. Then he asked me to have my sonography (ultrasound) and asked me to process my HMO, since I’m under Medicard. After spending the whole day at the hospital with a super kulit toddler in tow, I’m ready for tomorrow!
March 7. I came at 11 AM with my sister and the procedure started 15 minutes before 12:00N. I’m not feeling nervous, sakto lang. Probably because gusto ko na talaga matapos once and for all.
They do the usual OR procedure (hair cap and gown, skin test, checking of vital signs, and everything) since the last time I had an OR experience was when I gave birth to Xian through cesarean section. The next thing I knew I was already on the operating table. Feeling ko that time manganganak lang ulit ako except that hindi baby,kundi lump ang ineexpect namin na matanggal. Weird. The nurse even said few minutes before the operation “mam first time nyo ma-OR?” To which I promptly answered with “hindi,second time na” Pero in fairness, the three female nurses who assisted my surgeon are all friendly and approachable. Then I later on found out that one of them is an alumna of the school where I work.
They just gave me a local anesthesia since it’s just a minor operation. I was awake during the whole duration and I hear all the casual stuffs they are talking about. They really make me feel at ease. The operation took only 15-20 minutes. Ganun kabilis. Dr. Marquino said “ok, almost done. You can go home later” I am being sutured already and bandaged. I was given a slew of pain killers and other medicines to take for seven days.
After that we proceed to the recovery room and there, I rest for 2 hours before they finally allowed me to go out. After settling the hospital bill, my sister and I had our late lunch at Shakey’s “to celebrate” before we finally head home.
And then after a few days, I finally got the final step which is the pathological results and the very good news of all… the biopsy showed the lump to be Fibroadenoma, like what I expected! I felt so relieved as I walked out the hospital. I could not be thankful enough to God, to my boys - Allan and Xian and my whole family and to everyone including you, yes you who knew about this little secret of mine. Praise God!
I have a lot of realizations from this experience after this breast cancer scare, that health is really wealth for us moms. That I can really conquer my fear pala for the sake of my family. Sometimes,ok lang naman maging paranoid.wag lang yung sobra! Haha.
Life is really great.
On a serious note, I may not have had cancer but I know there are a lot of people who are suffering from breast cancer. Let us include them and their family in our prayers to stay strong for their family.
photo source: image from Google


nakakaparanoid naman talaga sis, maski ako paranoid ako kay hubby kasi lahi nila yung may cancer, SIL ko namatay sa cancer and early 30's pa lang. ayaw ko mabiyuda ng maaga.
ReplyDeletewag mo na lang isipin yun sis,basta happy thoughts na lang.iba-iba naman tao basta be careful na lang pag ganung may history.atleast ngayon mas naaagapan na unlike before di ba.
DeleteMadalas nagdodoubt tayo sa kung ano kaya Nya and we feel weak. But God is really good for He will never leave us. With Him nothing is impossible, all we need is to have a strong faith and it will be done.
ReplyDeleteYes,so true sis. My faith with Him is stronger than before :)
DeleteThat's great news! Glad to know you're ok. =)
ReplyDeleteThanks much Tin! :)
Deletehi sis! i've been staring at the comment box for so long thinking how and where to start my comment.
ReplyDeletehmmm... thank you for making your story sound easy though i know it's far from that.
sharing your story somehow gave me a push to face my own fears though unlike you, i still have to muster a lot of courage to really face it. one of these days maybe... i hope.
i want you to know that i've been crying as i read this and the previous post. i can so relate with you but i don't think i can be as courageous as you yet (i hope soon!).
argh! sorry for being mellow dramatic. what i really wanted to tell you was congratulations! i'm so proud of you. and happy that you are safe and healthy as ever. thank you again for sharing this to us. someday, i'll be as brave as you. and when that time comes, i have you to thank for! ;-D
Sis Lanie, I never thought nakakarelate ka din sa experience ko *hugs*
DeleteI just hope you’ll also find the courage to face your own fear soon, kase alam ko kayang-kaya mo din. Wala tayong hindi kakayanin,mga super mommy tayo and against all odds ang motto natin for our family that’s why we should never let our fears overcome us. Nasasabi ko na lang sya ngayon kase after ng pinagdaanan ko, I realized na yun yung fault ko. I’m so weak before kaya kita mo umabot pa ng 10 years before I had it taken out.
With your positive and cheerful disposition sis, I know you’ll overcome it too! sus, si Bunay pa! :) I know this is something na siguro tatawanan na lang natin in the future sabay apir. hehe. Sabi mo nga, let’s just focused at the light on the further end of the tunnel, those exact words from you keeps playing on my mind everytime nanenega ako that time. Nothing is impossible with God.
pray lang tayo sis. I will be the first person to pray for you. Di man tayo magkakilala personally but reading your posts is enough for me to know that you’re really a nice person and you’re one of those mommy blogger friends that is really close to my heart.
Basta andito lang kami sis ha. Go lang! God bless you always! :)
awwww... thank you sis! i'll keep that in my mind. you'll be one of the first i'll inform once i get to have that courage to face the 'unfaceable'. ^_^
DeleteNaopera din ako pero both breast. Nadiscover naman yung lumps ko while having a check up kasi parang may kumagat sa nipples ko nagpantal kasi. Yun ang pinapatingnan ko sa doktor nun. Tapos nakapa nya may lumps nga. 5 yung natanggal sakin. Nag biopsy din tapos mga nanigas na taba nga lang daw.
ReplyDeleteay shucks,di lang pala isa sis dalawang breast pa inopera sayo.lakas din loob mo.atleast on na ok na ngayon :)
Delete