I remember months ago when Xian is just a tiny little bub and all he knew back then is to coo,babble,giggle and squeal at me. As I hold him in my arms, I always hope back then that he'll grow up soon. I always look forward to every milestone,the first time he utter his first word, the first time he roll over, the first time he was able to sit on his own,crawl, stand then eventually take his first few steps. As I watch him walk, toppled then eventually manage to stand up again on his own,that moment I knew that it is also the start of his journey to independence.
For his every developmental milestones from then 'til now, my heart swells with pride. I'm really one proud mom in all aspect. But now, time flies so fast that I sometimes wish there's a slow mo' button to savor every moment with him.One year to go and we'll have a preschooler,yay! In our fast-paced world,kids nowadays are different that we parents need extra effort to cope up. Xian learns new antics everyday, discover new words, grammar and expressions easily. He can now describe more what he wants. I enjoy talking and conversing with him far from the usual yes and no answers - only shows that he understands what I'm saying as well.He already has a clothing preference, he follows simple instruction, he is generous in showing affection to us. One thing I learned, never underestimate the knowledge of a toddler, it's more than what we think. Hubby and me's frequent musing nowadays, "Anlaki na ni Xian ano?" I cannot turn back time, but surely we can always look back with fondness memories of him growing up.
If only life comes with a remote control with slow mo’ and pause buttons and if only my little one could remain little and adorable forever! :)
We love you so much anak!
No comments:
Post a Comment