Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Story of Us (Em and Yen)

Happy February,It's love month! :) Wayback in college we always look forward to this month not just because it’s Valentine’s Day but because it’s also our anniversary.yup,I said my sweet yes(sweet daw oh!) to hubby at the 14th of February 2001.That particular moment is still fresh from my memory even up to now.From the 365 days we have every year,Valentine's Day pa talaga no? yay! will be turning 10 years as bf-gf in a few days that’s a total of 120 months as love bees.  

For my first post for this month. I want to share our love story I blog 3 years ago which I got from my previous friendster blog http://zhaljanne-11.blog.friendster.com/2007/11/. reading this makes me feel giddy and so inlove with the same man again and again

***************************************************************************
Ours is the relationship that I never thought would last. The relationship that I never expect will go this far.. Yeah, looks can be deceiving as they usually say. Way back in college, I used to judge him based on his personality by the way he deals with other people not realizing that there’s more into him, actually a lot of surprising things about him that just comes out whenever we’re together.. And that really fascinates me. 

That’s the time I appreciate more of him. We’re opposite in a lot of ways, probably that’s what makes our relationship interesting, He’s the makulit and super mang-alaska type of guy, the one throwing all for fun banters at somebody’s expense, while I’m the usual plain jane. He’s into sports and basketball is his passion, while I’m into books and music (kinda laidback eh) He’s tall (stands 5’11) while I’m the vertically challenged girl. He’s good in numbers while I hate it! He got bored reading novels while I’m interested reading it. He’s an early riser, while I’m classified as “babaeng late palagi gumising”.. He’s firm with his decisions while I tend to be fickle-minded most of the time. (well I guess every girl does! :) 

Though we’re opposite in a lots of ways, we also have our fair share of common interests, like we both love to hear mass together at Basilica (this is a very special place for us which started during our college days, we never fail to drop by there every Friday after our class. God being the witness to all the promises and plans we’ve shared to each other, God being the center of our relationship) We both love eating though it doesn’t shows in our mien, we enjoy watching movies,  we’re both family oriented, we both love chillin’ at home.. we listen to each others’ opinion, we do love complimenting each other, we do crazy stuffs sometimes and have fun with it, we tend to be mushy and do cheesy things  like two new lovers that others may find corny or whatsoever, but who cares? we just enjoy the things that makes  us happy, life is pretty great to think about other people’s opinion and let it affect us. After all, “kami ang bida ng sarili naming kwento…” (Hala! Bea Saw, kaw ba yan?)  We both knew our priorities, we never let anyone affect us and we value each others’ decision. When misunderstanding arrives, we never let a day pass without talking about it, we’re both easy to please. We’re not just lovers, but we also developed a deep friendship through our journey in life together.

The best thing about him is that he really understands the way I think and the way I feel. He really knew my emotions. He knew when I’m really happy or when I’m just having ”this smile” just to make someone feel that everything is alright. He can definitely read my mind. There are only a few people in this world who try to tell you what to do yet make you feel understood. Aside from the sweet surprises I got almost everyday like the way he sing out of tune songs just to make me smile when am havin’ a bad day, things that makes me happy, cry, amaze, laugh out loud etc.. He knew my weaknesses and the little things that melt my heart and just say “awww, ain’t you the sweetest?!” He was very nice and he loves me for who I am, He loves the people who are dear to me, My family loves him back because he’s nice and really take good care of me, he stood beside me during my ups and down, he was proud of me, he made me feel heaven. And there are a lot best about him.

It’s been 7 years since I met my man, and our 6 years old relationship is as wonderful as before. I can’t imagine my life without him. We also experienced bumpy roads along the way that every couple does but it just made us even stronger. My guy was my first bf way back in college  and I’m also his first gf.Yup,you heard me right.We see each other grew up, mature, and practically steered ourselves toward the same direction, so he’s always been ”The Guy in my Life” Who would have thought that two people fresh from high school ought to discover the opportunities of the college world, would be able to nurture a relationship and let it grow and even stand the test of time, and at one point in time, choose to battle the distance that once became a hindrance to us during the time that we’re geographically challenged because of his work abroad. It’s really difficult to handle, that was the first time we’ll not be together for a year, I really had a hard time adjusting to the new set-up,  not to mention the not so good things people tell me based on their experiences and stories related to couple’s separation because of distance. I know that no matter how I insist to my mind that they’re just discouraging me, it’s still a given fact. But my guy always gives me his assurance and words that comforts me and ease the doubts I had in mind, for us to believe that each other’s trust and love are the only way for us to hold on and to realize each others’ real worth..

Imagine him, the one leaving is also the one saying these kinds of words to me to think I should be the one saying it since it would be twice difficult on his part. I admire him for being firm with his decisions. He always have plans or goals in life. He’s the type who wants to achieve goals within a set time frame
even when we’re still in college. If others didn’t succeed with the long distance thing, then probably that’s the time for us to really show how much we love each other and show to people that ‘Hey, we’re still together!  See, we can do it pala.. It just depends on how we love each other. But mind you, that was never easy..  We also experienced a lot of long distance blues. Long distance relationship will always be a pain in the a**! You see, whatever people think of us before was not supposed to be tagged as perfect. Nothing in this world ever was. But he showed to all that we could be almost one.

Being together this long hasn’t really been difficult for me. I love that we have this history together that we can always look back through the years. All I know is that I don’t think I would have lasted this long with any other person. I love you so much Yen! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...