Thursday, January 27, 2011

Xian as Future School Boy


As parents,we should think of Xian's future. Few years from now he'll be schooling soon. Time flies so fast ano,we'll have a preschooler in  SY 2012-2013.That will be next year!  He is exactly 3 years and 2.5 months by then.Keyword: SAVE,SAVE,SAVE! :) Every parents want the best for their kids and we're one of them.we want Xian to have the best especially when it comes to education. As early as now, we're already checking out potential preschools for Xian in our town. It's not that I'm one atat mom, but it's better to be ready na din so that when the time comes, we already have the school in mind and for us to anticipate everything he will need. Me personally,I want him to have different experiences so that when the time comes that he have to go to school, he is ready. Because he'll be dealing with a lot of people soon,plus the bigger environment he'll soon conquer.

I read different articles regarding kids in Psychology way back in college. i have learned that to prepare Xian for school, I have to read him books and let him understand what is it all about. Play finger games with him while singing nursery rhymes. Singing alphabet songs and point out on toys that help him remember and understand the alphabet. Expose him to different things,take him to the playground, amusement parks or zoo and talk about the things he saw and did.We also socialize him to kids of his age.

Let your child do what he wants as long as it will benefit him. Let him try different activities so that you will know where he excels. Learning is a process. Us parents should help our child in a way that school can’t offer.

At his early age of 22 months, Xian loves to dance when he heard music.  He is also fond of books with large illustrations of animals,fruits and other things. There's one instance when we showed him a picture similar to this:

 Tita Ninang Twinkle said "Xian what's that? Watch?  Xian promptly replied "No,clock!" I would have misheard it in the first place, but when I asked her Tita Ninang, that's exactly what he said! I'm excited to see my little Xian in his first ever preschool uniform! :) now, that's what you call an atat mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...