Thursday, January 26, 2012

Potty Training Xian

This is a late post. I wasn't able to blog this before since I want to be 100% finished (or close to it man lang) kase during that time nasa 75% pa kami although there's an improvement everyday.


Feeling ko pwede ko na sya i-post today since nasa 95% na so here it goes! :)


================================================================


October was also the time that our little man was finally potty trained.

For some, 2 1/2 years old is already late. Everytime I read the stories of those moms who start training their kids before they turn one, I was amazed how they're able to do that. Ibang level ang patience and perseverance and I admire them.

I started attempting to potty train him when he's 16 months old, I bought him a potty chair and started to teach him how to use it, but to no avail. He like it but he didn't want to use it. Baka mas feel nyang pang-display lang.Months passed and I felt like he's not yet ready. We also have our share of boo-boos of this potty training journey since there are instances when he would tell me the he's going to pee only to find out that he's finished and his diaper is wet already. In fairness nagpaalam nga naman. Sometimes naman he'll say "mommy,poo-poo-poo ako" so I immediately jumped up from bed, grabbed his arm and ran to the T&B and 30 minutes there waiting pero no show yung hinihintay namin. False alarm pala. Mga ganung eksena. I always hold the principle that each child is unique and each has their own pace, I don't force Xian if I could see that he's not yet ready. 

When he turns 2 years old, everyday as soon as he woke up we'll immediately go to the toilet since I'm the one who bathe him before I go to work. There, I ask force him to pee so he'll get use to it. I also bought him cute McQueen and comic boy briefs to encourage him to wear it often instead of nappies. I try to practice him to sit at the throne just to let him get the feel of sitting on it and luckily there's no violent reaction although there are still instances that he's uncomfortable and always hide at my back whenever he would hear the flush sound.

October came, during that time, I was thinking that since we're planning to send him to school soon, I need to think a valid reason for the little man why he need to let go of his diaper. I told him that since he's a big boy now and we're gonna send him to school in the next couple of months, the teacher will be happy if he knows how to use the toilet when he's about to go and that diaper is not allowed there.hehe.

And you know what,it worked for us! Since then he no longer wear diaper and prefers to wear his underwear everyday and he's making paalam everytime he wants to pee or poo because he doesn't want his McQueen brief to get wet.hahaha! Oha,effective! During nighttime,he still wears a pull-up for emergency purpose since he's still having a hard time controlling his bladder when he's asleep. Although there are mornings that he wakes up dry. We still have a few months before he's 100% diaper-free which is what we're currently practicing nowadays.But nevertheless, I'm happy for my Xian's another huge milestone.

Usually our conversation goes like this:

Me: bi,basta sasabihin mo everytime mag-wiwi or poopoo ka ha?

Xian: yes mommy,sa CR lang.

Me: yes,dun lang para pag nasa school ka na matutuwa si teacher.

Xian: very good ako?

Me: yes,very good! (imitating teacher's voice)

Xian: yehey!

Me: then lalagyan ka ni teacher ng star sa hand mo.

Xian: yehey! ...achaka din sa paa.

O_o

photo source: image from Google

Potty Training Xian is one of the many mom-kid moments I will always treasure.Syempre pa,kasama na dun yung star sa paa.LOL


11 comments:

  1. Good job, mommy!
    I like the idea of star pati sa paa :) Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. natawa naman ko, concern kay mcqueen brief niya. hehe! naku, late na ba yan, si ethan nga before 3yrs old saka nagwiwi sa toilet then after nun tuloy-tuloy na so happy na rin ko kasi diaper-free na rin kami. akala ko papasok pa siya na may diaper e. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, well done xian, big boy na talaga. =)

    You're right sis, iba-iba ang mga bata and the more you force them mas lalong matatagalan. Cute ng mga bata, si Poj Thomas briefs & si Xian naman McQueen, hehe =) I used sticker rewards when I potty trained him, pero cute ni Xian, like nya ng stickers sa hand achaka sa paa, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Em: Thanks sis,ewan ko ba kung san nya nakuha yung idea na yun.hehe.

    @Michi: feeling ko lang late na unlike dun sa ibang nababasa ko sa SP,hehe.naku ready na talaga magschooling mga munting binata natin sis :)

    @Krissy: kung di naging successful,next strategy ko din sana yung sticker rewards kaso naging ok na.kakatuwa naman si Poj,talagang si Thomas naman ang bet :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so looking forward to having a potty-trained kid! good job sis! isang high five naman jan! i am certainly copying your style. hehe! hope it'll work on Amber, too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. pag ako nagka anak ng lalaki, ibibili ko din ng mcqueen na brief! :) i miss you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lanie: in the next few months kaw naman sis,goodluck and i'm sure keri mo yan kay Amber girl.mas mabilis ata talaga i-potty train pag girls. :D

    @Nuna: o nga effective pala brief na yun :)i miss you too sis,sana may mag-start na ulit sa thread para matuloy na lunch date natin.hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. maitry nga sa McQueen addict ko na baby...hehe!

    Si Migs nagtatago pag pinapansin na nagpopoop sya..c",)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eve! try mo,baka effective.nice to know na McQueen fan din si Migs just like my Xian. :)

      Delete
  9. hi Mommy! my son is 19 months and nun 15 months sya nitry na namin. he will say poo poo din pero naka poo poo na. he does not want using the potty trainer yet. tama ka we will wait for the right time, mahirap kasi pilitin baka lalo mapatagal. ngaun, he is using cloth diaper and potty training pants. pag wet na pinapaalis na nya so may idea na sya of wetness. mas mahirap daw gumamit ng disposable pull ups kasi same lang yan ng diaper na it will make skin dry so hinde nya manotice kung wet na sya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello mommy maye,nice to know that at your son's early age medyo aware na sya about wetness and good sign yun that he's ready for the next level. with Xian naman, although may times na naka-pull up sya as part of potty training at night for the past few months,lately nagta-try na din sya mag-brief at night,i make sure lang na may rubber sheet underneath kase kawawa naman bed namin,hehe. may instance pa na madaling araw na nagising sya because gusto nya magwiwi sa toilet mismo.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...