Monday, August 15, 2011

Best Love Advice

For Nanay Online’s third topic which is about the Best Love Advice, I'm not one of the best person to ask when it comes to love advices since I only had ONE boyfriend in my entire life which eventually became my husband, just like Sis Nuna and Sis Michi. ;)
 
I remember when I was in high school, I'm always tuned in to Joe D Mango’s Love Notes even though I don’t have a bf that time (hubby and I were college sweethearts, that’s why) because I want to know other people’s love stories and learn from it so I could give advice to my friend who’s in a relationship that time (well I don’t know if she consider it as an advice. what to expect from a NBSB that time? baka sabihin pa nya,ano namang alam mo sa love,aber? haha!) until I finally plunged into the relationship status 10 years ago when I enter college.

Every relationship is different, what’s applicable with us may not work out with other couple and vice versa. Hubby and I also have some fair share of misunderstandings. In our 1 month old relationship,we broke up (or should I say I broke up with him) because of some petty issues on my part,yet we both stay single,we didn't date anyone during that 1 year. He just gave me the space I need.Until we finally get back in each other's arms once again. Love is sweeter the second time around, so true. Everything is close to perfect, and then came long distance relationship blues since he need to work out of the country,yet we managed our geographically challenged relationship until he came home and we got married and the rest is history. It must have been FATE and yes, LOVE.. haha,forgive me.mushy I know!(at kelangan talaga na ganito kahaba ang intro! :D)

Here are just some of the best advices I heard from very dear people:

From one of my favorite priest in my cousin’s wedding:
“You can never be certain of your relationships because not all of them are built to last a lifetime. Both of you have to constantly nurture it so it can grow and you can grow old with it.”

I got this from my college scrapbook, I don't know where I got this but this has been my favorite quote for hubby which always works:
“Always keep in mind that trust takes years to build, but mere seconds to destroy. And then it takes you even longer to rebuild it”

Joe D’ Mango
“A relationship will always need trust and faith. Trust, so you could keep a relationship strong, and faith, so you can build a strong foundation of love that could weather all storms to make it last for as long as you wish to.”

And lastly from my parents:
“Ang pag-aasawa ay hindi kanin na isusubo na iluluwa kapag napaso.” Old advice that we’re all familiar,yet it always make sense.

Been in love with the same man for 10 ½ years and happily married for close to 3 years and counting blessed with a sweet and smart kid.oh well, this Love is FOREVER.



3 comments:

  1. love ko din si joe d' mango. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pareho pala tayo sis. mahigit 10 years tapos 3 years kasal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sis michi: hihi,the phenomenal love guru.

    @sis nuna: oo nga sis,kakatuwa naman. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...