Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Where Did My Chubby Baby Go?

I miss my habibi’s tabang siksik nowadays. At bakit hinde, I gave birth to an 8.7 lbs (approximately 3.95 Kg) baby boy exactly 2 years, 4 months, 1 week and 3 days ago via cesarean section. He was even tagged as “Metro Lipa Medical Center’s Biggest Born Baby”. 

I just don’t know if he still holds the title up to now but during that time, he’s the title holder. The nurses said that his birth weight that time was already equivalent to the weight of a 2 months old baby. Yes, big baby indeed! 

A little trivia lang ha,his first ever pedia even referred him as an obese baby. yes,kaloka obese daw! OA din naman si Lady first pedia, that’s why I changed my son’s pedia that time kase in the mind (and heart!) of a new mom experiencing postpartum blues, I’m hurt.hmf!

 few minutes after he come out from my tummy.see the chubby cheeks?

1 day old Baby Xian

Anyway, as I’m busy browsing my son’s old pics, I saw his major transformation. He’s not that chubby anymore, all the baby fats were gone and my baby is slowly turning into a little man indeed. That starts the moment he enter toddlerhood, the stage of kalikutan. I asked his present pedia during his last check up, I felt like he’s kinda “payat” because some of his clothes bought a year ago still fits to him up to now although his current weight is 16 Kg already. His pedia said that his weight is beyond average pa nga daw the normal line because a normal 2 years old's weight is 12 Kg as specified in the growth chart. He even assured me that I have nothing to worry about, because Xian is also tall for his age and what’s important is that he’s healthy and energetic, happy and of course, smart. According to the pedia, being chubby is not the basis of being healthy. which in fairness eh tama naman talaga. Well,I just miss the chubby baby I used to carry in my arms.

But come to think of it,wala naman talaga sya pagkukunan ng “taba” because look at hubby and me’s physique naman. we love to eat but it doesn’t show in our mien.My friends says I’m lucky I eat whatever I like without gaining extra pounds, pero feeling ko talaga may bulate lang ako sa tyan.joke!

 showing his dance moves

 doing his version of "pogi pose"

Anyway,I don’t need a super chubby baby If I have an active, energetic, happy and smart Xian.We love you so much habibi,chubby or not! ;)

 

2 comments:

  1. Si Alex din sis, I noticed nawala yung bunok/burok ng muka nyan. Lumiit din ang tyan pero tumatangkad. Medyo tamad pa rin kase kumain and super likot talaga. Pero okay lang din, kasi awa ng Diyos hindi naman nagkakasakit. hehe!

    Mabigat pa ng 1kg si Xian kay Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo nga sis, di bale mas importante naman na healthy at happy baby sila.happy na tayong mga mommy ng ganun.bonus na lang siguro yung chubby.hihi! kisses to pretty Alex :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...