Thursday, October 13, 2011

When I Need To Be Sure

Xian woke up a little bit grumpy and feeling weak from his afternoon nap few weeks ago and when I touched his forehead, it's hot that his normal body temperature.

Me: baby,anong masakit?
Xian: sakit ulo po :(

I immediately checked his temperature and confirmed, he has a fever.

 38.8 °C based from the last black dot


In times of unexpected situation like this, I always make sure that I have Kool Fever and these trio in our medicine cabinet of course with the knowledge of Xian's pedia who's just a phone call away regarding medications.


Di naman halatang maka-Pediatrica ako no? (side kwento: actually during my Med Rep Days,friends kase kami ng ahente nila eh. She handle a few brands while I'm in-charged with some adult lines mainly injectables although we're from different companies. Anong connect? ) I know that their brands are one of the best medicines for kids BUT that's not the reason why they're the pharmaceutical company of my choice, top reason why I like them is that Xian loves the taste of their meds. 

Before I really had to do certain tricks just to convince him to drink his meds on time and make sure that he gets the full dose but sometimes there are instances na mas madami pa yung natapon kesa nainom, even though I'm using a dropper already. So sayang lang. One time we tried mixing it with his milk but to no avail since he start spitting it out the moment he taste it.

I can't blame him. To quote my dear Inay,"San pa ba magmamana?" I remember when I was a kid, she really had a hard time convincing me to drink spoonful of medicine. The syrup's bitter and nasty taste and sometimes the overpowering smell made me feel sicklier. Thanks to capsules and tablets. That's why we opted to switch Xian's vitamins to chewables, he likes it better.

We tried Tempra and Calpol for the longest time whenever Xian has fever but after we tried Dolan, drinking his medication is now fuss-free.He likes the taste and this really brings down fever fast!

 I don’t want him depending too much on medicine when he has colds since most colds are viral and we use saline solution,a tried and tested home remedy but sometimes his sudden sniffles and sneezing attacks won’t stop without the help of an antihistamine that's why we have Disudrin at home.

Although the fever subside after a couple of hours,with a lot of hugs and kisses from mommy and daddy, we still scheduled a visit the next day to his pedia and thank God it's not dengue,although I’m confident na hindi naman since yung stock ng lotion ko at home kabog ng stock ng insect repellant nya, I just wanna make sure. The doctor said that it's because of the season and nothing to worry about.

Anyway to make the long story short,the little man is back to his normal self, active and playful na ulit.

 *Kulit Mode*

8 comments:

  1. wala rin ko problem sa pagpapainom except sa isang gamot na nireseta sa kanya, antibiotic. kahit anong tricks at force na ginawa namin. wala nangyari. 2x lang siya nakainom, e dapat 14x(7days). :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that he's back to his makulit mode. May I know what's the chewable vitamins? Akira hasn't had vitamins since she turned one. Mas ok daw kc yun acdg to her Pedia since she is still on breastmilk. Akira likes the strawberry flavored Tempra, un lng at wala ng iba. Kung ano pa talaga yung flavor na mhirap hanapin, un ang trip niya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sis, what do you call that thermometer? where'd you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michi: sama naman kase talaga ng lasa pag antibiotic sis, dun din kami palagi pahirapan ni Xian,that's the time I forced him.no choice eh :(

    @Em: nung naging picky eater si Xian he tried Gummy Vites Multivitamins as recommended by his pedia,ok na naman appetite nya ngayon kaya stop na muna sa appetite enhancer and nagstick na lang sya sa Ceelin chewables.Lucky Akira,si Xian 6 months ko lang na-breastfeed.as in never pa sya nagformula? swerte naman :)

    @Cha: AmiTemp Precision Phase Change Thermometer sis,we bought it sa pedia ni Xian.nakasealed sya sa non-latex wrapper,same size ng prepaid card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried giving her formula when she turned one but to no avail. She liked Chuckie so I gave her that kaso hindi nmn yta healthy ung araw2 na chocoloate milk so I switched to Anchor. After a week or 2, ayaw n niya ult :( I have low milk supply na but it seems na ayaw niya padin magWean :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sabagay sis iba talaga nakukuha sa breastmilk, I know someone who breastfeed til her daughter is 31 months old. She put calamansi on her breast nung nag-try sya i-wean. successful naman kaya lang naguilty din sya after.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yan ba yung disposable na thermometer, sis? been looking for the disposable na parang paper kasi ang hirap gamitin nung ibang thermometer! even the one na sa ears tinatapat.

    am glad that xian's fine now. mejo uso talaga sakit ngayon because of the pabago-bagong weather. ingat lagi everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. sis lanie,yup eto nga yung single-use thermo.inoorder lang din online nung pedia ni Xian kaya nagpapadamay na kami per box.ok nga sya,very convenient and hygienic plus non-toxic pa unlike yung nakasanayan,hassle minsan gamitin.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...